comercial cut tape strip holder.

FERNOMOTO

comercial cut tape strip holder.

Post by FERNOMOTO »

Where can I find Comercial ( Not DIY ) cut tape strip holder that fit well with liteplacer ?

thanks
mrandt

Re: comercial cut tape strip holder.

Post by mrandt »

I bookmarked this a while ago:
http://www.nozzles4smt.com/STRIPFEEDERS ... c_135.html

Would certainly work - but these are rather expensive :-(
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

I'm not sure these would work without manual setup: Some paper tapes (resistors and capacitors) are mechanically rather weak. Unless the parts are supported from below, probing would push some parts through the bottom paper. You would need to manually set pickup heights. On the other hand, looks like the height would be the same for all the tapes in this holder, so it would be rather easy to do. (Disclaimer: I have no experience for these, I'm just looking the pictures).
WayOutWest

Post by WayOutWest »

JuKu wrote:I'm not sure these would work without manual setup: Some paper tapes (resistors and capacitors) are mechanically rather weak. Unless the parts are supported from below, probing would push some parts through the bottom paper. You would need to manually set pickup heights. On the other hand, looks like the height would be the same for all the tapes in this holder, so it would be rather easy to do. (Disclaimer: I have no experience for these, I'm just looking the pictures).
Also, how do you get the covering off? On the edge that doesn't have holes it can go all the way to the edge of the tape (for narrower tape widths), so once the tape is in the holder you wouldn't be able to peel it off. If you have to remove the cover before putting the tape into the holder, well, that's really difficult. Personally I can't manage to handle tape with more than two or three exposed components without spilling them all over the floor pretty often.
- Adam