LitePlacer-rmod Updates

martin123

Re: LitePlacer-rmod Updates

Post by martin123 »

Hi Malte.

would you share the upgrades you have made to your Z-axis with pictures and part list?
It might be nice to make a new forum section for machine upgrades.

Martin
mrandt

Post by mrandt »

martin123 wrote:Hi Malte.

would you share the upgrades you have made to your Z-axis with pictures and part list?
It might be nice to make a new forum section for machine upgrades.

Martin
Hi Martin,

have a look at the following post:
http://liteplacer.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... =251#p1736

I think a separate place for collecting proven upgrades and mods would make sense. This information is hard to find on the forums.

@Juha What about a Wiki? Could even use the GitHub wiki for that so you can keep control over the content via pull requests and merge.

Best regards
Malte
Flavor

Post by Flavor »

I tried to follow this thread, but it's near impossible to tell what the "best" version of the software is.

We are trying to place parts on a board (with the latest 26.02.2016 release from http://www.liteplacer.com/downloads/), and it's been fairly inconsistent. We have TSOP-40, QFN-64, TQFP-44, 0603, and a couple 0402.

One issue is that our TSOP-40 chips are in a tape, but the tape sizes available are all too skinny. To do them, at the moment, we are just placing a single TSOP as a loose part with the top camera component recognition.

What rmod should we be using? Where can we find it? Is there a binary available, or do we need to build from source?
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

> One issue is that our TSOP-40 chips are in a tape, but the tape sizes available are all too skinny.

What tape size the part comes in? Link to a data sheet? I took the tape sizes from a standards document and (naively) thought those are all that there are. Adding more is not difficult, I just need to know the parameters.
Flavor

Post by Flavor »

JuKu wrote:> One issue is that our TSOP-40 chips are in a tape, but the tape sizes available are all too skinny.

What tape size the part comes in? Link to a data sheet? I took the tape sizes from a standards document and (naively) thought those are all that there are. Adding more is not difficult, I just need to know the parameters.
Tape: 32mm wide, 4mm hole center to center, 16mm part center to center
The part itself is an Am29LV116D. It's a standard package. You can look up the datasheet online.

Here's a photo of the part next to a ruler. Also, how would you recommend handling parts that come in a tray? We have trays for both the QFN-64 and the TQFP-44.
TSOP-40 Cut Tape
TSOP-40 Cut Tape
IMG_8020.jpg (608.1 KiB) Viewed 19825 times
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

According to this http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/D ... 00151J.pdf, tapes up to 200mm width exist. I added 32mm tapes to the code base on GitHub. I'm in the middle of a development phase, and there are some issues I'd like to test further; therefore, I didn't do a formal release right away. I hope to have an intermediate release during the weekend.

> Also, how would you recommend handling parts that come in a tray?

Right now, as loose parts. But I did say I'm in the middle of a development phase, didn't I? ;)
Flavor

Post by Flavor »

JuKu wrote:According to this http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/D ... 00151J.pdf, tapes up to 200mm width exist. I added 32mm tapes to the code base on GitHub. I'm in the middle of a development phase, and there are some issues I'd like to test further; therefore, I didn't do a formal release right away. I hope to have an intermediate release during the weekend.

> Also, how would you recommend handling parts that come in a tray?

Right now, as loose parts. But I did say I'm in the middle of a development phase, didn't I? ;)
Great. That will be helpful. I feel, however, that I still don't know which software to use. I guess the next official release will have the 32mm tape, so that might be the right pick. :)
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

I dont know who manages the rmod fork now, if there is anyone out there:

I sometimes get a parsing error, it starts with "CNC_XYZA"
There seems to be a state, where some commands are not issued to the TinyG.
For example, if i abort a placement, I cannot move to locations, for example the park position.
Also, then the park pos is not positioned at when I close the program.
Manual movement is possible, but everything with "CNC_XYZA" in the comment field is not working any more then.

Also, if I try to send a command by hand, the software crashes. "$$" stops with
########## Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Current JsonReader item is not an object: StartArray. Path '', line 1, position 1.
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Load(JsonReader reader)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Parse(String json)
at LitePlacer.CNC.InterpretLine(String line) in D:\Dokumente\Eigene Dateien\LITEPLACER\LitePlacer-ver2\LitePlacer\CNC.cs:line 177
at LitePlacer.SerialComm.DataReceived(Object sender, SerialDataReceivedEventArgs e) in D:\Dokumente\Eigene Dateien\LITEPLACER\LitePlacer-ver2\LitePlacer\SerialComm.cs:line 90
kerel

Post by kerel »

Can somebody recommend alternative to official software. It just stopped working altogether due to messed tape handling.
Many of you talk about "rmod" version - where it could be found?
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

I would not recommend the rmod version, except if you are capable to compile it yourself (c# with Microsoft Visual Studio) and can change the code.
It does not run very stable off the shelf.
I changed quite a big part of it to get it running on my machine, but it still has many flaws. I manage to ship around them, then it runs.

Louis