Small move speed - why is it necessary?

mawa

Small move speed - why is it necessary?

Post by mawa »

@Juha:

Using a 3d printer and a CNC mill for many years I wonder why you implemented the small movement speed because my other machines don't have to do this. Better they should not do this.

Especially on long x and short y (or vice versa) it is quite annoying that the machine does not move diagonal (which IMHO results in a slow movement in the short axis) but first move X fast stops and then moves slow y. But even for short X and Y movements I see no reason because the TinyG takes care of the acceleration curve.

Can you please explain why you do this?
best regards
Manfred
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Small move speed - why is it necessary?

Post by JuKu »

Honestly, I don't recall exactly why. I think it is to get a smoother operation for the slack compensation.

> Especially on long x and short y (or vice versa) it is quite annoying that the machine does not move diagonal

Where do you see this? Wen the software commands to go to a X,Y coordinate, the XY move is sent and it does move diagonally - or at least should. If you can get a log when it doesn't (better yet, if you can reproduce it), I'd like to have a look.
mawa

Re: Small move speed - why is it necessary?

Post by mawa »

I am not directly using your software but a modified version of Reezas mod where I just left most of the CNC methods the way you or Reeeza programmed them.

I just compared your code and it ist certainly handling slow speed in a different mannar.
best regards
Manfred