PP4 and LitePlacer

nonkeldw

PP4 and LitePlacer

Post by nonkeldw »

Hello
I'm new to this forum.
A while ago i build the PP4 from Vbesmens. The mechanical is very nice and stable, but the software is not always nice.
So is it possible to use the LitePlacer software with the Vbesmens hardware?

Thanks
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: PP4 and LitePlacer

Post by JuKu »

From Vbesmens web site:

> The X- and Y axis are driven by BLDC-Servomotors...

So, not directly. What might be possible is to use Vbesmens controller and rewrite LitePlacer software CNC class, so that instead of the TinyG board, it talks to the Vbesmens board. After all, when you look a pnp machine control deep enough, you end up with a routines to move a machine to a given point, turn a (pump, vacuum etc) control signals on and off, and so on. Figure out how Vbesmens does these and add same routines to LitePlacer sw.

The same applies to OpenPnP software. It is designed to be more easily adapted to different hardware, and I think it has more users, so maybe someone has done the adaptation for your machine already. Just another option for you, you might want to send the same question to them as well: https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/openpnp
nonkeldw

Post by nonkeldw »

Hello

Thanks for the answer. I know that de X and Y as works with BLDC controllers.
Vbesmens use for the communication, between, PC and PnP, Uart, everything is done with a tiny commando set.
Please find in the attachment the commando set.
I don't know if it possible to integrate this with LitePlacer software?

Thanks
Attachments
PickPlace4 firmware information.zip
(195.87 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Sending commands are easy. The issues, if any, come from feedback (the document is not complete). When a move command is sent, LitePlacer software assumes a message when the machine has stopped. Get the LitePlacer software (source code link on the downloads page) and have a look.