The three most important new features

Jet

Re: The three most important new features

Post by Jet »

ds23man wrote:Did send a mail to Yuha yesterday, no reply. Something is wrong.
He’s still quite active on Twitter including a post an hour ago, so I wouldn’t jump to conclusions.

There could be any number of reasons... a contract, travelling, concentrating on shipping kits etc.

In the meantime, switching to the OpenPnP software addresses the features you wish until Juha has time to add them.

These types of projects are large for one person and probably not large enough to employ others. Making/shipping kits takes a lot of time and is costly, also then having time to reply to forum posts and writing software also takes considerable resources, particularly when you consider the longevity of these types of projects.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Hi,
I do have some health issues, but I'm getting better, and I am working in the office now. As for the forum being silent, I do read, but I don't (and haven't) respond to postings when I don't have anything meaningful to add.

ds23man wanted feedback about software development. I fully agree that it should come forward faster. I even hired a programmer, but he was a wrong person, nothign valuable came out of that. But:
There is a list of issues and outright bugs that need to be fixed. After that, bottom vision. The bottom vision needs overhaul of the vision system so that there is unlimited number of vision algorithm chains; one single part recognition is too limited for bottom vision to be usable. Much of that has been done already. my release order (but no schedule until I'm capable of doing more time working):
1) Bug fix release
2) Unlimited vision algorithm chains intergrated to the system
3) Bottom vision. Step 2 is much work, after that step 3 not so much.

[Also, if you think that there are open email cases where you are waiting for my response, please poke me with a stick.]
ds23man

Post by ds23man »

Any progress?
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Yes. Not quite release ready, but 1 and 2 both are progressing. 1 has priority.