More use of cameras?

Michael_N

More use of cameras?

Post by Michael_N »

Hi,

I would like to ask if Juha is working on compensation of the misalignment, components often has when picked up from tape?

The Liteplacer has a bottom view cam, but after switching to the Samsung nozzles I don't use nozzle correction anymore. So The bottom cam is not used for anything..... what a shame:)

What are you guys and Juha's opinions about the need for this feature?

I know that the CPH wil be reduced if using vision correction on every component. But for my purpose it does not really matter, as I use the machine for protoypes and really small batches (5-20pcs)
I would prefer that the machine takes a bit lounger placing components if I then can reduce the time I use on checking the placements of each component and poking around with some of them.

Kind regards
Michael
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: More use of cameras?

Post by JuKu »

Yes, this would be immensely useful, no doubt about that! I've tried it a few times without good enough results. :-(

However, I think I have now a promising approach. On the software side, I'm right now working on different handling of application settings (ability to save, restore and backup all settings and moving the installation from one machine to another etc). Once I have this solid, I'll make unlimited number for the video processing tables, so you can have one processing for this component type, another for different looking parts. This should solve this issues I had previously. Also, I'd like to put in some parts from OpenCV library, so we can shamelessly copy tricks from OpenPnP folks.
Michael_N

Re: More use of cameras?

Post by Michael_N »

That sounds really good:) It will take the LitePlacer to the next level.