Nozzle Change - Improvement?

Oaklands

Nozzle Change - Improvement?

Post by Oaklands »

I am running a series of test jobs to verify reliable operation, which is progressing well. (Larger single PCBs, not a panel)

Each job finishes with Nozzle 4 and starts with Nozzle 2 (only 2 are used)

So each subsequent job run starts with nozzle 4 active & immediately changes back to nozzle 2.

Surely it would be faster (almost 20 seconds-ish) to see if the current nozzle is used during this job and place the components using that nozzle first.

Of course it goes against the flow in the job table, but speeds job run-time up a little bit for free (circa 7% faster on my setup).

The reason I have Nozzle 4 last is because it places larger components. If a user wants/needs to place larger components last...this may make a feature like this redundant (Checkbox could then be an option)

...just a thought
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Nozzle Change - Improvement?

Post by JuKu »

There are good reasons for the placement to happen row by row, in order. You can arrange the rows and by clicking the nozzle column header, you can sort the job by nozzle number.
Oaklands

Re: Nozzle Change - Improvement?

Post by Oaklands »

OK - I will try out the column sorting. I vaguely remember this from the docs, but had forgotten about this functionality.

tnx