Reset All Tapes

robert@serve101.org

Reset All Tapes

Post by robert@serve101.org »

Please remove the button "Reset All Tapes" if not that, at least move it to the "Tape Positions" page. While placing a board yesterday, I needed to hit the "Pause" button, and hit the "Reset All Tapes" by accident. They are right next to each other. There are 41 tapes in my setup for this particular board. Hitting the "Reset All Tapes" created a lot of extra work...UGH
Last edited by robert@serve101.org on Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnalysIR

Re: Reset All Tapes

Post by AnalysIR »

robert@serve101.org wrote:Please remove the button "Rest All Tapes"
or just insert a confirmation popup step...

Whenever I am inserting/replacing any tape I have always used the Tape Positions Tab - to make sure it is all correct.

So, I agree that it seems to logically belong in the tape Positions tab.

If changing it, Juha might consider replacing it with a 'place next' to place the components for the current/next Job data Row. (I had a recent use case where that would have been helpful)
All about IR remote Control. Webshop: https://www.AnalysIR.com/blog/
Check out our LitePlacer Trinamic/TMC2209 TinyG Stepper upgrade kit: https://www.tindie.com/products/analysi ... r-openpnp/
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Reset All Tapes

Post by JuKu »

robert@serve101.org wrote:Please remove the button "Reset All Tapes" if not that, at least move it to the "Tape Positions" page. While placing a board yesterday, I needed to hit the "Pause" button, and hit the "Reset All Tapes" by accident. They are right next to each other. There are 41 tapes in my setup for this particular board. Hitting the "Reset All Tapes" created a lot of extra work...UGH
Ugh indeed. A really dumb design decision from me, I'm sorry about that! Yes, these belong to the tapes tab and in the new beta (uploaded soon), this is fixed.