High definition camera update

robert@serve101.org

High definition camera update

Post by robert@serve101.org »

Just received this upgrade kit. I am not finding any instructions for installing. For example, which calibration steps are needed. What should I look out for? Some upgrade notes would be very helpful....

Thanks
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: High definition camera update

Post by JuKu »

Sorry, I should have included the link to the shipping notice email: https://liteplacer.com/update-kit-instructions/
robert@serve101.org

I have installed the new cameras, and did the calibrations. Right now I am stuck on an issue that I cannot seem to resolve. If I click on the image from the down-facing camera, the image does not move to where I clicked. I have tried difference resolutions, but that does not fix the problem. I have the box measured at 12.75 mm using both a ruler and a caliber. But the error in the movement is not a small amount, even a click on the current intersection of the "cross hairs" results in a movement of the y-axis of about 8mm. It's like the system does not know that the cross point is the current position. I would expect clicking on the cross hairs point would result in very little, if any movement.

My resolution is set to 3840 x 2160. I recently upgraded to the most recent release using the installation exe file. ALso of note, I needed to move my HOME "dot" as the x-axis could no longer go far enough to the left to see it in the camera. I do not think this is the cause of the issue, but just trying to disclose everything I can think of. my $yzb value is 19 BTW.

Update: at a resolution of 1920 x 1080 movements in the X direction seem to work, while movement in the Y direction are off by about 4mm
If I set the resolution to 1600 x 1200 the camera image fills the display area, and the clicking works properly. So the issue has to do with the resolution. If the intention is to only support certain resolutions, then the default should not be to use the largest, and the notes should indicate which resolution is to be used.
Last edited by robert@serve101.org on Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

It is possible that the function doesn’t work on all resolutions. My computer is not fast enough for the highest resolutions being practical. They do work, even though the lag is annoying. That is why I haven’t noticed it, but also, I’m able to look into it.
robert@serve101.org

Does the algorithm "Components by Pads" work with the up-camera. I cannot seem to get it to work at all. I have a diode and I am unable to come up with a way to recognize it with any combination of filters. I can get nice images of the two pads, and they show up as two rectangles. Component By Pads, never sees the image as a component.

I guess it just does not like my diode, I got that filter to work on a 5 pin sot chip.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

robert@serve101.org wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:36 pm Does the algorithm "Components by Pads" work with the up-camera. I cannot seem to get it to work at all. I have a diode and I am unable to come up with a way to recognize it with any combination of filters. I can get nice images of the two pads, and they show up as two rectangles. Component By Pads, never sees the image as a component.

I guess it just does not like my diode, I got that filter to work on a 5 pin sot chip.
Yes, it works. In most cases, you need to add the filter features by size function, so that only the relevant pads are considered. This page shows an example; a SOT-23 example is shown, but the same idea applies. https://liteplacer.com/up-camera-assisted-placement/
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

robert@serve101.org wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:25 pm So the issue has to do with the resolution. If the intention is to only support certain resolutions, then the default should not be to use the largest, and the notes should indicate which resolution is to be used.
There was a bug. New (hopefully fixed) software was release today. Please see viewtopic.php?t=6622.