Project Status Update?

mwtucker

Project Status Update?

Post by mwtucker »

I noticed that there has not been much activity on the forum in 2017. Can you provide me with a brief status update on the project?

Are units available? What is the lead time?

Are there any used units available?

Are there any discounts available?

Can you give me an estimate for the shipping cost to the USA?

I have some TSSOP-20 (0.65mm pitch) chips to place. Some of the forum entries said you were planning to address that (maybe 2 years ago). Was it the “loose” chips on the table that could not be placed accurately? Tell me about the alternative? I think you can put a stencil on the tabletop and get accurate TSSOP if you first place the chip in the stencil? Do the parts have to be in a stencil or is it sufficient to register them against a corner on the table?

Do you have a listing of improvements that have been made recently (that might not be on the forum)?

I have Altium Designer 10 (purchased in 2012 and not updated)…will that version generate the files that I need?

Thanks,
Mike
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Project Status Update?

Post by JuKu »

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forums!

>Can you provide me with a brief status update on the project?

Hardware: Biggest upgrade was automatic nozzle change, 4Q/2016.
Software: Still evolving, full story at http://www.liteplacer.com/software-rele ... -versions/

> Are units available? What is the lead time?

Kits are available, usually from stock. The shop status reports are accurate: http://www.liteplacer.com/shop20/

> Can you give me an estimate for the shipping cost to the USA?

I ship using Fedex. The cost depends somewhat on what you buy and where in USA. You can get an exact shipping quote by adding products to cart. Then, both the Shopping Cart and Checkout functions will give you the shipping price before you have to commit to buying.

> I have some TSSOP-20 (0.65mm pitch) chips to place. Some of the forum entries said you were planning to address that (maybe 2 years ago). Was it the “loose” chips on the table that could not be placed accurately? Tell me about the alternative? I think you can put a stencil on the tabletop and get accurate TSSOP if you first place the chip in the stencil? Do the parts have to be in a stencil or is it sufficient to register them against a corner on the table?

The issue is finding an accurate pickup location. I did address this: http://www.liteplacer.com/setting-part- ... placement/. A corner works fine; I haven't tried a stencil, but I'm sure it would work as well, maybe better. The setup would be easier, once you have the stencil.

> I have Altium Designer 10 (purchased in 2012 and not updated)…will that version generate the files that I need?

Yes; if not, I'll make it so. I use Altium myself, but mine is newer, so I'm only 98% sure. In any case, the issue (if any) would be in the format of the header, easy to adapt. To be sure, send me a sample.
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Project Status Update?

Post by JuKu »

Also:

> Are there any used units available?

Occasionally these are advertised on the forum, but rather rarely.

> Are there any discounts available?

At the moment, no.