Information about requirements

DanielRV

Information about requirements

Post by DanielRV »

Moi!
I'm Daniel, writing from Chile (South America)
I'm Partner in a little start up that make electronics, nothing too fancy, however we are in need of a affordable pick and place machine.
The Lite Placer is within the budget, however reading the FAQ and the requirements section of it we have some doubts about the what is shipped and
what of the requirements do you also buy and what do I need to buy from other provider.
  • ·Do you sell all the tools that are required for the assembly? are all the tools required for assembly included in the kit
  • ·Any 24V DC power supply will work? how do I connect the power supply to the system? what connector does it use?
  • ·What Cables and Wires will I need to use? what are those cables and wires that are not included meant for?
  • ·What connectors, termination blocks, ferrules and cabling accessories will I need? what for?
  • ·What Drag chain may I need? is mandatory?
  • ·Whats the size of the board for a good enclosure?
  • ·Do you sell or know where can I buy all the items so I can install the Lite Placer in a table?
  • Here in Chile FedEx works pretty awful, there is no customer support, they charge random prices and boxes tend to be destroyed more often than not. Can we request to be shipped with other company like TNT, UPS or DHL?
I'm sorry to bother with all these questions, but I will be able to buy only one machine and I need to pick the right one for us.

Thanks!
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Information about requirements

Post by JuKu »

Hi Daniel,

The items not included are such that many of my customers would already have or usually, easy to obtain locally. For example, cables would increase shipping costs much, and make cables supplied by me rather expensive. on the other hand, if you need a pick and place machine, I would think you have no problems buying cables or other parts.

Specifically:

> Do you sell all the tools that are required for the assembly? are all the tools required for assembly included in the kit

There are not tools included, except a 1.5mm hex key for the pulley set screws. I sell a couple of tools that might be hard to find locally. Tools that you need are listed at http://www.liteplacer.com/the-machine/a ... the-tools/.

> Any 24V DC power supply will work? how do I connect the power supply to the system? what connector does it use?

Pretty much, provided it has 6A or so current. It connects to TinyG with screw terminals for bare wires, although I recommend using ferrules.

> What Cables and Wires will I need to use? what are those cables and wires that are not included meant for?

There are no cables included. For motor cables, see http://www.liteplacer.com/wiring-the-motors/, for limit switches http://www.liteplacer.com/wiring-the-limit-switches/. You also need some wires for the solenoid, pump and LED lights.

> What connectors, termination blocks, ferrules and cabling accessories will I need? what for?

It makes sense to have a connector panel between TinyG and the system. The specific connectors are up to you. As noted, an electronics company likely has a bunch of these anyway. I'm an audio guy, I used XLR connectors which I happen to have lots.

> What Drag chain may I need? is mandatory?

Not mandatory, and not all my customers buy one. You do need something to keep the cables off the table, but the actual solution is up to you. The chains I sell are fine, but you don't need to have that particular solution.

> Whats the size of the board for a good enclosure?

TinyG is 108 x 102mm (4"x4.25"). The power supply is what it is. have a look at http://www.liteplacer.com/wiring/ for my crude solution.

> Do you sell or know where can I buy all the items so I can install the Lite Placer in a table?

Apart from the table itself, all you need is some screws.

> Here in Chile FedEx works pretty awful, there is no customer support, they charge random prices and boxes tend to be destroyed more often than not. Can we request to be shipped with other company like TNT, UPS or DHL?

Yes. Off hand, I don't know the prices. As I am not a regular customer for any of those, I don't have any discounts. I can use your customer number for these, if you have one. To use another courier, you need to talk to me about the specifics and select "customer arranged shipping" at checkout.

> I'm sorry to bother with all these questions

No problem, hope this helps!
The